Wednesday, January 29, 2020

website strategy

Currently I have more than 1 website set up in the same niche but they can each pivot a little and not compete with each other. This wasn't intended but things happened and I found a better domain name and I was trying to test different website builders so at the start my philosophy was: create 2 decent looking sites both with a mediocre amount of content (some of it practically duplicates of my own content), monetize both of them, then add content slowly and update content on both sites.

I can theoretically handle this approach but it will be a hard journey because progress on each site is slower and it seems to me like the very start is the hardest part because the income is non existent. I just mainly was trying to work on both because I had both, and not using one felt like a waste.

Should I just focus all of my efforts on getting the main site to a place where the quality is really really good and THEN worry about the second one to hopefully start breaking even sooner? I don't mind not breaking even but it would be much better to not be paying out of pocket :P

Getting into this I had assumed it would be a little easier to get some ad revenue so I was thinking "oh 2 sites is no big deal, if 1 site will earn me $1 a month, $2 sites will earn me $2" but in reality it is more like "I have two sites and am 1 person and 2 sites = negative dollars" haha. I mean I'm not an idiot so I was prepared emotionally for this but I wouldn't mind advice nonetheless.

Im starting to think that best case scenario would be to put a massive amount of work into the main site, until it is good enough to maintain by itself without a huge amount of effort from me(right now the only way I get ok traffic is by self promoting), by then ill be bored of that site anyway, then I work on the new site and repeat until I am old or decide to give up. What do you think?

submitted by /u/Bloop5000
[link] [comments]

* This article was originally published here

No comments:

Post a Comment

How to Know When You’ve Outgrown HubSpot Sales Hub Starter

For companies looking to get their sales team started with HubSpot Sales Hub, the Starter tier offers a great balance of function and afford...